Little Mouse, Little Mouse, Are You In the Red House?
This is a game we play with a little felt mouse and several large felt houses of different colors.
1. Hide the mouse behind one of the colored houses.
2. Ask the children which colored house they want to look in.
3. Everyone chants, "Little Mouse, Little Mouse, are you in the [red] house?"
4. Dramatically reveal what's behind the [red] house!
5. If you fail to find the little mouse, repeat steps 2 through 4.
6. When you find the mouse, hooray!
7. Hide the mouse behind a different house and play again.
8. Once they have the hang of it, try letting a child hide the mouse.